History of the Stegherr woodworking machine

"I so wanted to be an inventor."

Even as a small boy, Ludolf Stegherr, born in 1920 in Augsburg, tinkered in his father's carpentry workshop until he was able to assemble a racing carriage from the parts of an old bicycle.

2019

Under new management

Henry König buys the company from the Wellein family and Stegherr Maschinenbau becomes SHM Stegherr GmbH.

2018

Optimization of the functions

With CNC controlled aggregates the profile strip processing is raised to a new level.

2014

Loss of the company founder

The company founder Ludolf Stegherr dies at the age of 94.

2007

"Training company of the district"

The award "training company of the district" shows how important and serious the promotion of young people is taken at Stegherr.

2006

Introduction of the new machining centre

Introduction of the GLS profile grooving saw, which will develop into a complex machining centre in the following years.

1993

The next generation

With Eduard Wellein and Konstanze Stegherr-Wellein the next generation takes over the company.

1992

New positioning system

Thanks to the KSF-E cross joint milling machine, the coveted machine now has a programmable, electronic positioning system.

1990

Receiving the Federal Award

Award of the Federal Republic of Germany "For Outstanding Innovative Achievements" for the KSF cross rung milling machine.

1988

Opening of the new building

Opening of a completely new built company building in Regenstauf with CNC production machines and approx. 4000qm production area.

1987

Increasing exports

The export share is now over 70%.

1979

Revolutionary machine

The crossbar milling machine KSF presented this year revolutionizes the production of windows with glazing bars.

1978

New name, new face

The sole proprietorship becomes "Stegherr Maschinenbau GmbH&Co. KG" and Eduard Wellein, the son-in-law of Ludolf Stegherr, joins the company.

1970

Increase in production capacities

Relocation of the operation after rainwater storage. The production capacities for the KPp, which is now built in series of 100, urgently needed to be expanded.

1967

First patent

First in-house development and first patent application at the same time: KPp edge banding press.

1950

Company foundation in Regensburg by Ludolf Stegherr

Trade with machines and tools. Initial distribution channel: bicycle and train.